Business Mergers Acquisitions
Chico Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer
Experienced Legal Counsel for Your Business
Is your company considering purchasing or merging with another business? Business mergers and acquisitions are massive change-of-control transactions that involve multiple areas of law, including corporate, tax, securities, antitrust, and real estate law. These large-scale transitions must be completed carefully and properly to ensure success, making it vital for you to enlist the help of a trusted attorney who can protect their interests and ensure legal compliance.
At The Law Office of Nikki Farris, our knowledgeable Chico business lawyer has more than 20 years of legal experience and can use her vast legal expertise to help achieve a smooth transaction on your business’ behalf.
Full-Service Representation for All Mergers & Acquisitions
No matter how complex your proposed transaction may be, our Chico business merger & acquisition lawyers can examine the circumstances of your situation and guide you towards a solution that is both legally sound and strategically desirable for your business. With our strong foundation in multiple areas of business law, we have the necessary tools to walk you step-by-step towards an efficient resolution for your merger or acquisition.
We can help you navigate through the following:
- Identifying investment opportunities
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Leveraged buyouts
- Stock sales and purchases
- Purchase and sale of assets
- Tender offers
- Mergers with public and private entities
- Proxy contests
- Spin-offs and split-offs
- Shareholder agreements
What Is Involved In A Mergers And Acquisitions Process?
The mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process involves many steps for both buyers and sellers and may take several months to several years to complete. If you are developing your company, you must have an M&A process to follow.
Below is a common 10-step process:
- Create an acquisition strategy
- Determine your key criteria for identifying potential target companies - location, customer base, profit margins, etc.
- Look for potential targets
- Plan your acquisition - contact companies and see if they are open to a merger or acquisition
- Complete a valuation analysis - if the companies you contact are in agreement, request more information so that you can evaluate them further and confirm that they are suitable for acquisition
- Present an initial offer and negotiate terms in detail
- M&A due diligence - happens after the offer is accepted. A detailed examination and analysis of the company’s operations are done. The point of due diligence is to confirm or correct the acquirer’s assessment of the target company.
- Purchase and sale contract - a final decision on whether the purchase will be an asset purchase or share purchase
- Financing strategy - the acquirer should be looking at financing options beforehand, but the details of the financial strategy will come together after the purchase and sale agreement is signed
- Closing and integration of the acquisition
Get a Consultation With a Chico Business Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney
At The Law Office of Nikki Farris, no case is too large or too complex for us to handle. Unlike other firms who heavily rely on “cookie-cutter” solutions, our Chico business attorney chooses to take the time to carefully review your business’ situation and propose a strategy that best fits your needs.
We understand how important this transaction may be to your company’s future, and we are prepared to do whatever is necessary to make sure this transaction is completed correctly and efficiently on your behalf. With our common sense approach, good judgment, and meticulous attention to detail, your business’ well-being is sure to be in good hands.
Your case evaluation awaits – request yours by dialing (888) 325-1181. Speak with a skilled business merger & acquisition lawyer in Chico at The Law Office of Nikki Farris today.
“Nikki Farris is very easy to talk to, professional and knowledgeable.” - Rachele T.
“Fast consultation and excellent service.” - Lucian R.
“Nikki was so kind, so compassionate.” - Kali H.