Redding Bankruptcy Attorney
Looking to File Chapter 7 or Chapter 13? Get Our Help First!
Debt can build up on anyone. If it is not closely monitored, it can quickly become too much to handle, sending you into a frustrating and frightful financial crisis. Here at The Law Office of Nikki Farris, our mission is to let people know that they are not alone, we are here to help them, and that there are ways to get out of looming debt.
Our Redding bankruptcy attorney, Nikki Farris, has more than a decade of legal experience under her belt. In her years of professionally representing people and families struggling with money issues, she has not only earned a reputation as a go-to lawyer for bankruptcy cases, but she is also known as a premier foreclosure defense representative. For us, your case is personal, and we want to see you through it with the dedication to your cause that we would provide to a close friend or family member.
Overwhelming Debt is Not Permanent
For so many people, they assume that once they fall into debt, everything is over. They are worried that they will lose their home or business. They believe that creditor harassment will never come to an end. They think that there is no way to accomplish a successful credit restoration.
We can find the optimal solution for your debt situation and help you understand your legal options, including:
- Chapter 7 – Chapter 7 bankruptcy discharges or otherwise erases unsecured debts (e.g., medical bills, credit card balances, personal loans, etc.)—so you will not have to pay back your creditors—and certain assets are exempt. However, not everyone qualifies for this type of bankruptcy, so do not hesitate to seek assistance from our bankruptcy attorney in Redding, CA. We can determine if you are eligible for Chapter 7 and protect your rights and best interests from start to finish.
- Chapter 13 – Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to pay off your debt over time through a court-ordered repayment plan, while also enabling you to keep valuable assets, such as your home or car. Our legal team can guide you through the process, help you obtain lower interest rates, and even get part of the balance forgiven.
- Collections defense – If you fall behind in paying your bills and a collection agency continuously hounds you for payment, do not hesitate to let our firm stop creditors from taking your hard-earned money. We can explore several legal avenues to resolve the issue, such as negotiating a reduction in your debt and consolidating your bills into one monthly payment.
- Debt litigation – The last resort for most collection agencies is taking legal action against individuals who are struggling to pay their bills. Our firm is ready to defend the lawsuit on your behalf. We can also determine if you have a counterclaim against the creditor.
- Debt discharge – If you what to know how you can discharge your debt, look no further than our bankruptcy attorney in Redding, CA. The most common way to put an end to unmanageable debt Is through Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Loan modification – Falling behind on your mortgage or auto loan payments can lead to the loss of your property and other serious consequences. We can negotiate a loan modification with your lender to update the terms of the loan in order to help you make your payments.
- Short sale – Is your home about to be foreclosed? A short sale allows you to make a deal with your lender, gives you the ability to sell your home for less than you owe on the property, and enables the lender to waive the remaining debt. Our legal team can help you obtain a short sale.
- Wage garnishment – Another action creditors can take against debtors who fall behind on their payments is wage garnishment. Having your wages garnished every month can lead to even more financial struggles, which is why we can help you fight back against your creditors.
The truth of the matter is that there are ways to solve your financial situation without leaving your livelihood permanently damaged. In fact, you may be able to use an alternative to bankruptcy and keep your home and savings. We can start with a free consultation and help prepare you for the bankruptcy means test, which is the primary way to determine if you qualify for bankruptcy.
Overcome Your Debt with the Help from Our Bankruptcy Attorney in Redding, CA
When you are thinking about filing for bankruptcy, the last thing you want to deal with is an impersonal lawyer who will hardly listen to your claims. Our Redding bankruptcy attorney can take the time to sit down and listen to all of your questions and concerns. Together, we can outline your goals and create a smart strategy to get you there.
“Nikki Farris is very easy to talk to, professional and knowledgeable.” - Rachele T.
“Fast consultation and excellent service.” - Lucian R.
“Nikki was so kind, so compassionate.” - Kali H.